Know the proper terms and needed information to communicate your bending needs to your bender. Lack of good communication can be costly when ordering any custom-produced product, especially tube and pipe bends. Here is a list of common bending terms:
A complete description of a tube or pipe bending job includes:
- Quantity of Bends.
- Material grade.
- Outside dimensions of the tube or pipe.
- Wall thickness.
- Degree of bend or arc length of bend.
- Radius of bend (specify that the radius is to the centerline, inside or outside of the tube).
- Required tangent lengths on the finished bend.
- End preparation (such as no end preparation, square cut, or beveled end).